Baked Ziti with Prosciutto & Mozzarella
A favorite classic dish with a gourmet twist. Comfort food at its finest!
- 1 pound Luigi Vitelli Ziti
- 3/4 cup Prosciutto Cotto (cubed)
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh Mozzarella (cubed)
- 1 cup Fresh Ground Parmigiano Cheese
- 3 pc Egg Yolks
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 24 oz Milk
- 2/3 cup Flour
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Salt
- Warm the milk.
- In another pan melt the butter, add the flour and cook at low heat for about 2- 3 minutes mixing constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Once the butter and flour are blended in add the milk a little at a time. Mix continuously with a wooden spoon to avoid lumping.
- Grate a little bit of nutmeg, and add a pinch of salt.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring constantly, until it thickens and becomes smooth.
- Once ready, put it in a large bowl and let it cool down.
- Cook the pasta very firm and drain it.
- Mix the mozzarella, prosciutto cotto, parmigiano and egg yolks into the Bechamel sauce.
- Add the pasta and put everything into your baking dish with some pieces of butter on the top along with a sprinkle of parmigiano.
- Bake in a oven preheated to 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until it starts to brown on the top.