Cannellini Bean and Tomato Salad
A hearty vegetarian mix of flavors and colors making the perfect salad combination to eat any time!
- 1 pc Large sweet red pepper
- 24 oz (2 Cans) Luigi Vitelli Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pc Medium red onion
- 1/4 cup Minced, fresh basil
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Cut red pepper in half; remove seeds. Broil pepper cut side down 4 in. from the heat until skin is blistered and charred, about 8 minutes. Immediately place pepper in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin. Cut pepper into strips; place in a large bowl. Add the beans, onion and basil. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; shake well. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.