Fettuccine with Mushroom Sauce
A sumptuous sauce with delightful earthy tones to toss with hot fettuccine.
- 1 pound Luigi Vitelli Fettuccine
- 56 oz Luigi Vitelli Italian Peeled Tomatoes
- 3/4 oz Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 1 pc Finely chopped small onion
- 3 tbsp Fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pc Salt
- 1/2 cup Freshly grated parmigiano cheese
Soak the mushrooms in water for 20 minutes. Saute the onions in a sauce pan for about 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms cut into pieces and mix in well. Add the squeezed tomatoes, and mix in again with salt to taste. Cook the sauce for 15 minutes. When the sauce is cooked, remove it from the heat and add the parsley. Cook the pasta al dente, drain it, and add it to the sauce and mix. Serve hot with fresh grated parmigiano cheese.